Sunday, November 21, 2010

Minna Island

This island was dubbed "better than Disneyland" by the kids. And all because of deer. If the kids would have had their way, we would have stayed in one spot the entire day, and would probably still be there today, petting the deer. Luckily, I'm bigger than they are... While on our trip to Hiroshima, we took a short ferry ride to Minna Island. In our travel guide book, this is one of the top 3 most scenic spots in all of Japan. Admittedly, it was quite nice. Have a look...




Ah, the deer...


I beilieve this picture was taken right after the big one had eaten my map. Hungry little fellas. And not very picky.





Everything was going great until we ran into angry samurais...


This building is on the way up to the top of the mountain and it's housing a flame that has supposedly been burning for over 1000 years. But the guy tending the fire didn't look a day over 900, so I don't know...


View from the top...


Finally, I discovered a very important life-truth on this beatiful island: I look a little bit funny without ears. Even more funny than just my normal everyday look.


Oh, and I alomost forgot another important thing. The world's largest wooden rice paddle. Words cannot describe the awesomeness.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place...and great views too. You are taking advantage of everything! Good for you.
    So Brian, where are your ears anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan did not show me this, I just soiled myself. Brian, I miss you man! Can we please play some basketball sometime? I promise I will dunk on your earless head!
    Ben

    ReplyDelete