Tuesday, February 14, 2012

July 20, 2011- I shall call him... Mini-Me

The night of July 19, 2011, around 10 PM, Holly's water broke. So we executed Operation: Little Man and called the designated babysitter, Rachel, daughter of my secretary at work, to double-time it over to our house to stay with Erin and Brianna, who by this time were overcome with joy and excitement- due to babysitting by Rachel, and being hours away from being big sisters. We were at the US Naval Hospital in less than an hour from breakage. Holly's all smiles here, but wait 'til you see here a couple hours from now...

I'm all smiles too, on the outside, but inside I'm dreading what lies in store for me... I've got a long night ahead. The thought of all that labor weighs heavy on my mind...
The little one finally arrives after several hours, Isaac Brian Bailey entering mortal existence at 0443 JST, weighing in at 8.5 lbs. Picture censored for the sensitive viewers at home.
And I am spent!
Oh, alright, Holly did a bit of work too. Here she is looking lovely, but exhausted, and happy. Thank you Holly for bringing us our son! He does look a little Japanese, doesn't he?

Fortunatley, he decided to be born on the 20th, which happens to be "The Big Dip" day of every month, where you get a double scoop for the single price at Big Dip. Oh yeah! We will be celebrating monthly.

Here's Erin, the big sister.

Here's Brianna, the little big sister.


No comments:

Post a Comment